Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Gate City's Band

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Gate City's Band

    Is just amazing. Great band and amazing drum line. What a show they put on last night at Halftime of the Burton game
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member RaiderWahoo0105's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2004
    Posts
    625
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gate City's Band

    Question, who won the band festivals this year (Lonesome Pine and McChesney?)

    Never saw anything posted on it.
    Go Wahoos!
    Go Mounties!
    [img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/flipanova_7/Inferno.jpg[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member beamer_ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    2,840
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gate City's Band

    Sullivan South won at McChesney, Richlands won in the Lonesome Pine Festival, and Abingdon won USSBA festival at UVA-Wise.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member RaiderWahoo0105's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2004
    Posts
    625
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gate City's Band

    whoa what the heck is Sullivan South doing at McChesney, are they trying to pull in some bigger bands there now?
    Go Wahoos!
    Go Mounties!
    [img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/flipanova_7/Inferno.jpg[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gate City's Band

    More bands have been coming to it.

    PV band director, Mr. Wharton, told me while I was in that Abingdon would be there. And he also said South would be (obviously). Castlewood got their band started back up and came. All the Scott Co. Bands were there but Gate City just performed for comments from what I was told.

    I had heard that PV hadn't been performing well at football games. I don't know whether or not that is true. It may be. But when I came in during the weekend of Lonesome Pine I saw them and I must say I was proud of them. They were in a class with Burton. Yes Burton won the class but PV still didn't do too bad. Maybe they're finally focusing on how THEY perform instead of worrying about beating other bands. They got a superior rating though.

    Now for the past few years Gate City's band has sounded really well but just like Powell Valley their marching has needed work. I haven't seend the Blue Devils at all this year but they may have worked on the marching. A friend of mine in GC's band said that they had been getting better and I believe it.

    You should see 2 bands from Lexington: Dunbar who has 184 and Lafayette who has 210. I saw them at the Kentucky Marching Band State Finals at WKU last night and all I have to say is amazing.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member RaiderWahoo0105's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2004
    Posts
    625
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gate City's Band

    I'm glad to see band's been getting better in the region for that matter.

    I can't wait to watch DCI on tv during Thanksgiving haha!

    Of course I'm usually the only person in the room who wants to watch it.
    Go Wahoos!
    Go Mounties!
    [img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/flipanova_7/Inferno.jpg[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Beavs24's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 2006
    Posts
    114
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gate City's Band

    one thing about the band though is that they dont really play alot during the game. i've told them all year to play more but they never have. i was hoping that they could get the crowd pumped up and stuff.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •